Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Love is Patient!

It has been a VERY challenging day.  I struggle with the ability to be patient when trying to "do" school with the BOYS.  Every day I pray and ask the Lord to help me see my boys being children and enjoy the way He made boys to be.  But I am a girl!!!!  How can I communicate to boys so they under stand what I want them to do?  I love to read to the 5yr old and almost 3 yr. old and they love to listen.  They actually sit still, until one of my older kids has a question about their school.  Once my attention is off the younger two, poof they are gone.  Mentally and physically.  I can't seem to corral them back either.  Then I fail miserably and yell.  I see the hurt it causes my children and the mental game that satan plays in my head afterwards.  I instantly know it is SIN.  So I quickly as for forgiveness and hope that my children remember my acknowledgement of my sin and repentance and not the act of "yelling."  So what does it mean to be patient?  According to the American Dictionary of the English Language 1828, it is 1. Having the quality of enduring evils without murmuring or fretfulness; sustaining afflictions of body or mind with fortitude, calmness or christian submission to the divine will.    2. Not easily provoked;  3. Persevering, calmly diligent.     WOW!  I am NOT these, not even close.  I hate it when I yell so maybe that is the starting point.



I do struggle to see the little boy in my 3 yr old.  He is out of this world curious and into EVERYTHING!  I love it but am not sure how to use his design for Gods glory.  Here is a picture of what is did in a matter of 1 min. while I was trying to go over a math test with our 11yr old.   Of course this is right before "quiet time!"

I know the Lord is making me more like him.  Boy, my will is strong!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment