Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tongue Tamer

I decided change things a little this week during my bible time with the kids. We have been reading through Proverbs and choose two words to learn about each week. We would write the definitions out and talk about what the Lord is telling us in that part of scripture. This week and for the next few we are working on taming our tongues. Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." It has been very sweet to hear all of us holding each other accountable to what Gods word says. The children will be playing and I hear some not so kind communication and then right after that one of them will repeat Proverbs 15:1 and the offender is quick to repent. I really think the Lord is using it more with me though. In my quest to turn away from my sin I often find myself using some "attitude" behind my communication. What is great is that the Lord and my children are quick to rebuke my "attitude" and gently remind me of our tongue tamer.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great how our children can minister to us through our daily life. We are working right now on division in the body. Our body is our home right now.

    ReplyDelete